Monday, September 03, 2007

Take Five

It's Labor Day Weekend. Time to take five and take a break from our daily lives. Or time to rethink what we are doing with our lives today. *clap my hands* Let's take five:

1. Need a blog topic and you recently ended something such as your current job, relationship, vacation, and sold your car? Was the something affected you negatively? How about a blog on what you can now say about your last company, last lover, last vacation, and last car; for example, you found a new job, now you can tell the world what your last company was like. Be sincere and positive when you grip ^^

2. On Friday August 31 around 4:45pm, I walked from my cubicle to the window line. I looked out the window and I saw very few cars because many workers went home early, choose to work at home, or took the day off. I'm old school when it comes to work. I must go to work to work.

Anyways, I looked up at the sky and saw the clouds move. There was silence on my floor and I heard the air conditioning. Combined the window line, moving clouds, and hearing the air conditioning I thought I was on an airplane. I wish I was on an airplane.

3. In May, I was stressed working at Cisco. Frustrations, mistakes, and forgetting myself in April and May. I created the Summer Sabbatical for June, July, and August. When I'm out of work, I'm out of work. I do anything except work. I'm happy to say the sabbatical worked. I accomplished a lot and caught up on many activities including my bills, my webpage, creating more Blogs, accomplishing some goals, and hanging out more with my friends.

4. The next time you fill your car up with gas, do the two minute car check. The two minutes can save money and time by preventing major car repairs. First, check the oil with the dipstick. If your car needs oil, add oil according to your car's manual. Then visual check the fluids such as break fluid, wiper fluid, and coolant. Do a quick check of the battery. Does you battery need maintenance according to the battery's specifications? Finally, check the tires. Are the tires in good condition with normal tire wear and no visible damage such as a nail stuck on the tire? If the tread is wearing out unevenly, chances are the alignment is off and needs to be checked.

After the two minute check is completed, wash the front and back windows. If you have extra time, wash the outside mirrors, and/or any windows along the driver side or passenger side, and the headlights.

Bonus: If it's night time, then keep your lights on. Check the lights. Are any lights burned out? If yes, replace as soon as possible. Check turn signals.

5. On Saturday, I went to a party. Everyone did a little of everything including playing video games such as Dance Dance Revolution, Guitar Hero, and Tetris; watching movies; playing table top games including UNO, Liar's Dice, and Texas Hold'Em; and hanging around in the pool. One of my friends wore a wet suit in the pool. That's a great idea. I'm getting a wet suit the next time a pool is involved. The reason is I'm sun sensitive and I burn really easy. We ate a BBQ lunch and leftovers, pizza, and lasagna for dinner. Around 11:30pm, some of us went to Nickel City, an arcade center. The group and I went home around 1am after chit-chatting in front of Nickel City when it closed at midnight.

On Sunday, I did morning errands. First, I got a haircut. Then I went to Safeway to purchase Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal and whip cream. Someone suggested I eat Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal with whip cream. Next to Safeway is Kragen to purchase some oil and air filters on sale. Kragen sold out on the oil case. I visit again later. And I went to Fry's and Best Buy to purchase the Heroes DVD box set. Both stores were sold out. I buy Heroes at Costco on Tuesday. I'm confident Costco has plenty in stock. For the rest of Sunday, I stayed home in the hot weather and caught up on personal errands.

On Labor Day Monday, I'm going to sign up at Napster. I have 1,010 songs on my Creative Zen Vision:M 30GB mp3 player. Recently, my random setting fails to play the songs randomly. I swear I heard the same song a few days ago. I want to download new songs.

I'm going to try Maple and Brown Sugar and whip cream. I'm going to open one pack of Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal and combine with regular oatmeal to make the oatmeal less sweet. Then I add the whip cream.

I must sleep early because I have a 9am meeting on Tuesday.

No comments: