Friday, November 02, 2007

It's November Already

I'm still here. Wow!!! November is here. October went by fast >.> The past three weeks there has been new priorities, new interests, and new activities for which I have no time to create new Blogs. I apologize. I share what I have been doing since October. *Ren Faire. On Saturday October 6, I went to the Renaissance Faire in Hollister, CA. It was my first time going and I had a good time. My highlights were hitting the target throwing an ax and winning 50 points in the stone throwing contest. The joust event was entertaining. I'm looking forward to next year and I wear a costume. *Saturdays. Throughout October and continuing in November, every Saturday I have been helping my Dad and his friend install a new roof. Personally, they should have hired someone to install a new roof. The project has been going on since June. I don't really want to help; however, it's something different to do on the weekends. On the other hand, less time for Blogs :( *Halloween. I wore my Edward Elric cosplay to work. Three employees from another apartment took a picture of me. After work, I went to a cosplay gathering at the Winchester Mystery House where we trick-or-treated and walked around the garden several times. Most of us ate dinner at Chili's across the street. I upload pics to my webpage soon. *Team Fortress 2 (TF2). I'm playing TF2, a first person shooter (fps) online game. My friends got me hooked on the game. I played three times. I'm having fun even though I stink,. The more I play, the more I get better XD TF2 is my first video game played online (with the exception of PartyPoker.net). Moreover, my laptop barley handles TF2. My video settings are at the lowest. I'm going to build a gaming PC with my Dad and brother's help. It's my first time I build my own PC. I modified my 2007-2008 goals by visiting Santa Cruz three times and added building a PC. I purchased a gaming mouse and a gaming headphone with a microphone. *Alan Greenspan. I purchased The Age Of Turbulence by Alan Greenspan. I'm about 25% completed. The book is easy to follow even though there are lots of big vocabulary words. Good time to learn new words (^__^) And there is no Fed Speak *hee, hee* *Work. My department manager hired someone outside the company to design our department quarterly report. Throughout most of October, my team has been modifying our templates to match the new quarterly report template. Cisco's Q1 FY08 ended on Saturday October 27 and my team is working on the Q1 FY08 report. We expect mistakes and frustrations, and we expect to learn from the mistakes and frustrations for the Q1 FY08 report. *Napster. I download approximately 50 songs a week. Most of the songs I downloaded are classic rock. I'm currently downloading songs from the 90s. I pay $14,95 a month, the price of one CD. My thinking is the monthly fee is paid when I download a minimum of 20 songs a month. *Car care. On Sunday October 28, I replaced the cabin filter. Today, I got my tires rotated. My next car maintenance is changing the oil and adding fuel cleaning fluid.

No comments: