Friday, November 23, 2007

20 Years My Blue Jacket



In November 1987, my Mom purchased the blue jacket when I was in 8th grade. I wore the jacket every cold day including schools, vacations, and going shopping. Anyone looking at my family album chances are high I wore the jacket on any cold day. After I graduated San Jose State University, I wore the jacket occasionally such as Fridays to work. In 2000, I purchased a new black jacket I currently wear after my Mom said the blue jacket was too short.

I remember during rainy days still as a kid I walked without an umbrella confidently knowing the jacket protected me. There is an inside pocket where I put my walkman inside and my headphones came out of the top. I thought of myself as a FBI agent which I was listening to San Francisco Giants baseball games.

The blue jacket is made from Pacific Trail. It's a Charger Seattle 1945. I have no idea what Seattle 1945 means. The blue jacket is Weatherproof, a special coating applied to the fabric to protect from wind, rain, and other inclement weather.

Today, I wear my jacket to the gym. There is one button missing; otherwise, the jacket fits comfortably. The zipper and buttons still work. And I have the optional hood. Many of us are shocked to see 20 year old cars still driving today. I'm more shocked to see 20 year old clothing still wearable to the same person and in good condition.

No comments: