Monday, March 03, 2008

The Reminder Timer

Yesterday morning at 11:10am, my Dad asked me to record a show at 11:30am. My Dad and Mom attended a fair. I was looking over my 2007 taxes checking for errors. I thought I found an error so I looked at my past tax returns. At 1:00pm, I realized I forgot to record the show. I was angry. My mind was focused on my tax returns.

I created The Reminder Timer to prevent me forgetting any short-term favors, activities, or schedules on the same day someone asks or tells me. The Reminder Timer is a kitchen timer, one of those wined up 60 minute timers. Any other timer can be used. Next to the timer is a piece of paper written with what I’m supposed to do. I labeled the kitchen timer “The Reminder Timer” from a post-it note. When the timer goes off, I look at the piece of paper, and stop what I’m doing and I complete what I’m supposed to do. No more forgetting.

No comments: