Monday, May 23, 2011

De Anza Week May 16, 2011

Mon May 16

I earned a 74% on the mid-term. I can say either my intuition was good that I didn’t fail or my intuition was bad that I didn’t get a 90%+. The professor said scores were good overall. This is the first time I got a score in the 70s attending De Anza. The final score is probably going to be a C+ when the professor curves the grades or adds “benefits of doubt” points he refers his curve.

I realized most of the questions were theoretical questions. There was too much theory to remember. My mind was overloaded. However, in all honestly, my mind was not focused on studying. My brain is tired from schoolwork. I’m eager to move forward in my life, yet I’m patient such that my opportunity is coming soon.

On the positive side, I’m actually learning. I’m retaining information and knowledge from the lectures and the reading. One of my uncles has a structural engineering degree and a few friends at San Jose State earned poor scores in mid-terms yet they learned in their classes. I didn’t learn anything in my professor’s Intermediate Accounting classes, and my lowest exam score was an 82%. Auditing is my first class I score lower than average grades yet I learn something. It’s a new feeling.

I talked to a classmate about the Advanced Accounting class. She said more students dropped.

Tue May 17

I forgot my textbook when I rushed out of the house to Quickbooks class. Fortunately, the lecture was bonus chapters 8-9 not part of the final. I completed the take-home final. I need to worry about the final which I’m really not worried. I was tired I slept during the first hour of the lecture.

Wed May 18

Today was lazy and moody. The professor ended the lecture 30 minutes early. Many classmates were unfocused and wanted to leave. I was focused because the professor asked me to read the sample CPA questions from the projector.

No homework was due this week. He wanted to give us a break. I finished reading Chapter 5 in three days. I want to finish Chapter 5 homework before Memorial Day weekend.

I learned the classmate who sits on my right went to De Anza part time when she worked full time. She was laid off in 2009. She transferred to Cal State East Bay to attend school full time. She received her business degree in accounting in Winter ’11.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: