Saturday, May 07, 2011

De Anza Week May 2, 2011

Mon May 2

Spring ’11 quarter has reinforced the importance of showing up on time. Today I struggled arriving in class on time. I was ten minutes late. Fortunately, I missed nothing because there were technical problems. The professor wanted to show a video on Barry Minkow, a convicted fraudster in the 1980s. The plan was to watch the video and he let the class out early because he had a meeting. He lectured Chapter 4 instead and the class was released around 2:15pm.

The first mid-term is Wed May 11. I’m behind in my studying.

Tue May 3

Tonight was another long class session. The instructor finished Chapter 6 and started Chapter 7. The instructor passed out the take home final instructions. The students who went home early should have stayed; however, I’m sure the instructor posted the instructions online. I looked at the take home final in the textbook. It’s long. I do a little each day like I did for the take home mid-term.

Wed May 4

There is a section in Chapter 4 that discussed analytical procedures. I read it and I realized what I did at Cisco was analytical procedures. Wow. I must have done something correct because my analysis was accepted by my manager and her managers. I never took accounting classes at San Jose State. I must be a natural who needed more education and experience. In all honestly, I find analysis boring.

One of the students created a DVD copy of the Barry Minkow fraudster documentary video. We watched the documentary in class. Then the professor finished lecturing Chapter 4. Oh, I showed up to class on time. Yay! Monday May 9 is the mid-term review. I’m still behind. There is too much to know.

I went back to Admissions & Records after Auditing to check my AA degree application. I talked to a different worker who actually did something. She asked for my student ID card and went to the back to confirm with another staff. She confirmed my application is being process. That was a relief. She said I can check my application status online. I didn’t know that.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: