Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Live To Reach The 90 Club

The San Jose Mercury News Wednesday July 20, 2011 edition reported a study on Alzheimer’s disease. The San Francisco VA Medical Center released a study stating lifestyle changes can reduce the chances a person is infected with Alzheimer’s. Physical activity, staying optimistic, non-smoker, and not diabetic are some of the factors lowering the chances.

My grandfather on my dad’s side had Alzheimer’s. The disease slowly killed his brain cells to the point where he forgot how to tie his shoe laces. Very sad. He spent his final days in a convalescent home. On the other hand, my grandmother on my dad’s side didn’t have Alzheimer’s. She experienced typical dementia; however, she communicated well and her brain remembered names, birthdays, and her limited English. She past away at 90 years old.

My lifestyle is summarized as lowering my chances of getting Alzheimer’s. I have been consistent sharing my daily lifestyle in my blog. I write the importance of exercise for physical activity, cooking (healthy) to live healthier, reading to keep your mind focus, visiting new places to satisfy adventures, listening to music to relieve stress, and more. I also write the importance of meeting new people and making new friends. Family and friends are important for a happy, active, and exciting life. And I write the importance of doing better, changing to improve, and never stop innovating life.

Knowing I want to do something, anything reminds me to get my head out of my ass and keep my eyes open, ears listening, mouth talking, nose smelling, and hands feeling. I don’t want to live life inactive. I don’t want a routine life. I want to live life to my best I can, and do better continuously.

Finally, I want to remind myself my six rules for daily living. Here they are,

1. Don't criticize, condemn, and complain, and don't compare with others.
2. Don't act like a jerk or bitch.
3. Always speak calmly and be calm.
4. Don't daydream when driving.
5. Keep your head up high . . . look at the cute face when talking.
6. Breath with your nose and stand up straight.

Writer note: I like this blog I’m going to double post in Finding Raymond Mar as a Q&A soon.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: