Thursday, April 26, 2012

I Was Happy To Be A Night Owl

I read a blog from Dr. Amen who wrote sleeping after learning is one of the best ways to retain new knowledge. It helps your brain’s memory remember the lecture, seminar, or presentation.

I was a night owl in my junior and senior years at San Jose State. I came home after morning classes and went to sleep. I started studying after I eat dinner. I studied quickly before dinner sometimes. I remember my mom said I shouldn’t take a nap because it disrupts my sleep schedule.

I was happy to be a night owl. My GPA went up consistently during the beginning of my junior year. There was one semester my GPA remained the same. My classes met two or three days a week with afternoon classes during two of the last three semesters. I came home in the late afternoon and went to sleep. I studied all day on days I stayed home.

I could have been a better student if I ate breakfast. I woke up, got dressed, and drove to school without eating breakfast. I couldn’t explain how I earn high scores on my exams when I don’t eat breakfast; moreover, stay focused during lectures.

To all the students who sleep in the afternoon or take naps, you’re learning in your sleep. Night owls rock.

Sources: http://70.32.73.82/blog/5714/sleep-your-way-to-success/, http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/03/120323205504.htm

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: