Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Top Ten Favorite Arnold Schwarzenegger Movies

I watched the 60 Minutes interview with Arnold Schwarzenegger on Sun Sep 30. The interview inspired me to share my favorite Schwarzenegger movies. I assure you End Of Days, The 6th Day, and Collateral Damage are not in my top ten. I consider those the triple bombs. However, many people add Batman & Robin, Jingle All The Way, and Eraser to the list of consecutive bombs from 1996 to 2002. Personally, I like Eraser. I was smart to rent End Of Days, The 6th Day, and Collateral Damage at my local video rental store.

I watched Batman & Robin in Las Vegas. I was experiencing a terrible vacation with my family the movie was a highlight such that I liked it. I kidded myself. I remembered selling customers to pre-order Batman & Robin working at Blockbuster Video. Almost nobody wanted to buy the movie, especially at full retail price. I think two customers pre-ordered during my shifts.

Enough with the bad movies. Here are my top ten:

10. Scavenger Hunt (1979). Schwarzenegger played a minor character named Lars. He interacted with Tony Randall's character. Scavenger Hunt is on my top ten because it was one of the first movies I watched when I was a child.

9. Total Recall (1990). One of four movies my family and I watched in theaters. My role playing group and I based an adventure from the movie. I read the short story that inspired the movie from Philip K. Dick. The movie is considered one of Schwarzenegger's best.

8. Kindergarten Cop (1990). Boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. The tough cop went soft when he became the substitute kindergarten teacher. I enjoyed the humor.

7. True Lies (1994). A mixture of action and comedy. I stayed at the hotel in Los Angeles where the horse chase took place. Another movie I watched with my family in the theater.

6. The Terminator (1984). Schwarzenegger had 17 lines in the movie. One of his lines had three words: I'll be back. The rest is history.

5. The Running Man (1987). I was a kid and I laughed out loud the cheesy jokes. My brother and I based GI JOE playtime episodes based on the movie. The movie is on my wish list.

4. Twins (1988). My favorite Schwarzenegger comedy. He rocked well with Danny DeVito. My family and I watched the movie at a bargain movie theater. I could have watched it full price.

3. Predator (1987). I watched the movie for the first time in my uncle's house. I stayed in my seat the entire movie. The first shoot out with Dutch's squad was awesome.

2. Commando (1985). I didn't care for the actress Alyssa Milano even though I was in junior high. It was the action scenes and the character John Matrix killing the evil men one by one and getting clues where his daughter's held. The final shootout scenes 100 vs. 1 were stupid; however, those scenes inspired more GI JOE playtime episodes.

1. Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1992). My dad, sister, and I watched the movie in the theater. I wanted the laser disc on the first day it came out. The special effects were fantastic. The action came at the perfect times in the movie. James Cameron did a wonderful job. I hated Edward Furlong who played John Connor.

1 comment:

elson cade said...

There is nothing to ignoring things. You can watch here funny dog video, comedy song video and arnold schwarzenegger movie line.