Friday, February 19, 2016

My Thoughts On Boring

I'm breaking one of my daily rules which is comparing myself with others. I live a life not being bored. There's always something to do. I do my best to live a dynamic life. I avoid living a routine schedule. Doing nothing is not one of my leisure activities. My life is different every day. I'm hungry for new adventures and new experiences. I compare myself living a boring life. Today's blog I live a boring life.

I realized there are advantages living a boring life. I have plenty of money in my bank account for emergencies. If my car's transmission failed or the radiator leaked, then I have the money to hire an auto mechanic. If my home's septic tank is clogged, then I have the money to hire a plumber.

My meals are plain. I eat cereal for breakfast. My lunch or dinner is like steak and potatoes. My meal isn't fancy. I have a meal. I eat fruits and vegetables, too. I plan ahead the meals I eat. I don't choose my breakfast, lunch, and dinner spontaneously.

My home is either non-materialistic empty or hording full. I can keep the house clean and healthy or dirty and dusty. There is nothing modern. Every doors, sinks, showers, light fixtures, and toilets are the originals. There are no upgrades or replacements. Maybe the walls need a paint touch up. The bottom line is I have shelter.

I make the best of anything leisure at home. I don't need cable. There are plenty of television stations even though some shows are reruns from the 1980s. I have internet. I have free time YouTube surfing. I find books to read at the local library. Likely my friends are boring like me the activities we engage are quiet. We get along well we hide our differences. We avoid arguments. There is no friendship drama. Some people say we're socially awkward.

My weekly schedule is set. I know what do to. The surprises are minimized. I work five days a week. I relax two days a week. I wake up at a set time. I sleep at a set time; moreover, my boring life allows me to sleep eight hours resting my body and my mind. I set aside days for errands. I set aside free days for personal events. I'm comfortable knowing what I'm going to do. Everything is mostly the same. There is no worry nothing bad happens. My routine is my happiness.

There is no reason to live outside my comfort zone. I don't need to visit Europe. I don't need to skydive. Food is food. I'm a picky eater. I have no interest trying new foods. The majority of my shopping is at Costco. I accept buying the same goods. The deals are better than the supermarkets. The world is complex. Daily life outside my house is complicated. I avoid complications and conflicts. I'm at peace living inside my world. I don't want to work too hard. I don't want to rock the boat.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: