Monday, February 15, 2016

My Thoughts On Today's Young People

My young people age range is 18-30 years old. I can add up to three more years to 33 years old.

I think today's young people are closed. They're harder to communicate. Most of them are socially awkward. I find difficulty having a normal conversation. Sometimes the conversation is unintelligent. Most of the youth don't want to expand their interests. These youth are comfortable keeping the conversations on subjects they know. Maybe they're afraid to talk to new people. Maybe they're afraid to talk to wiser people.

Moreover, many responses are hard to understand. Their opinions make no sense as if they're doing a poor job faking they know the topic. Sometimes the responses are perplexed to hide weakness. Sometimes the responses are intended to start a conflict; the common statement haters are going to hate applies.

I see a group of young people for which most of time they're on their phones. I rarely see a group of young people 100% off their phones having a conversation. It's okay to look up information on their phones. It's okay to communicate verbally and via text. It's okay to post reminders. It's okay to exchange contact information. Most of the time they're on their phones for a long period of time. The phone must not be used as an escape from any social situation.

A friend of mine knew a manager at a tech company. The manager wanted to help college graduates gain job experience. All of the manager's hires were difficult to work with. They had bad attitudes. They were hard to communicate. The manager no longer hired recent college graduates. Perhaps the stereotype of today's youth is making recent college graduates harder to find jobs compared to my time I graduated college.

The older people of the past generation thought we were closed people when I was a young person. We were irresponsible. We were difficult to communicate. Most of us today are better. We learned from our mistakes. We grew up. We're responsible. We matured. We wised up. I hope many of today's young people experience the moment to grow up.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: