Thursday, February 25, 2016

Top Ten I'm Not Me Ten Years Ago

We live life doing our best. Each day we grow stronger, smarter, hopefully kinder, and wiser. There are moments we experience a change to be a better person. It's time to stop being naive. It's time to be mature. Wake up. Child's play ends today.

Ten years ago I was immature. My emotions were underdeveloped. I had no spiritually. I was a wimp. I took life for granted. I got the job done at my full time job; however, thinking back deeply, I was irresponsible.

Today, the Raymond Mar ten years ago disappeared. I don't take life for granted. I'm no longer naive. I must earn my successes. No more complaining. The hard work never stops. Living life intelligently gets better. I'm looking forward the day I'm independent controlling my life. I'm a good guy. Here are the top ten I'm not me ten years ago:

10. My Own Car. Ten years ago I drove my parent's cars. I purchased my own car in May 2007. I could say my own car was my first step towards independence. It's taking longer to achieve step two.

9. Strong Raymond Mar. Add courage, solid self-esteem, believe, faith, and maturity. I continue to stay hungry and stay foolish.

8. Retired From Anime. Thank you Japanese Anime hobby. I met lots of new people and made lots of friends. My Sep 2014 retirement freed me to spend time on more important priorities today such as preparing for my next full time job and working out at the gym four days a week.

7. Board Games. Gone are the days of Monopoly, Scrabble, UNO, Life . . . the games I played in my childhood. I welcome board games gamers played such as The Settlers Of Catan, Dixit, Pandemic, Dominion, Puerto Rico, and Ticket To Ride. I even play Mahjong Chinese, Hong Kong, and Japanese styles.

6. Clothing. Gone are the days of dressing lazy back in 2006-2008. No more white t-shirts and 1990s shorts. No more polo shirts. I make some effort dressing with some taste. I admit I have little money for a four star wardrobe. My clothing attire is suitable for many social outings.

5. Reading Fiction Books. I used to read non-fiction books such as investment and self-help. I started reading fiction books in Oct 2008. I learned more about life reading fiction than non-fiction. Today's book reading is 75% fiction and 25% non-fiction.

4. Working Out At The Gym. My workouts were inconsistent and ineffective. I took my workouts serious in Oct 2008. Going to the gym is one of my priorities. I feel good from head to toe inside and outside my body.

3. Never Stop Learning. I'm choosing the jobs skills I learn wisely. I learned XML, DHTML, and Visual Basic incorrectly. I'm learning SQL, Oracle, VBA, Salesforce, and Tableau for which these skills are relevant to my next job. No more reading books mostly on theory. I'm learning on a practical level watching YouTube videos. I'm genuinely practicing what I preach. I'm innovating infinitely.

2. New Feelings 2011-Present. I discovered the importance of will power when I hiked at Mission Peak in Fremont, CA. The trail included steep sections with elevation change over 2,000 feet. I backpacked and visited Zion National Park both for the first time. I truly experienced quitting for which I didn't. I completed the 23 mile two day backpacking hike with my party. I dated a woman for two years and nine months. It was the first time I experienced being in a long relationship. And I enrolled in the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training seminar. It was an experience coming out of my comfort zone.

1. Growing Up. Saturday Oct 4, 2008 was the day I realized I must grow up. Living life from a mature point of view changed my life forever. I remember the day for the rest of my life.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: