Wednesday, April 13, 2016

My Dream Last Night Clinging To All Hope

The last time I slept I dreamed I started my first day at a new company. It started going to a house in my neighborhood in the morning before driving to work. The two story house was a classmate one year older than me in junior high and high school. I was in a room on the first floor. I opened a clear plastic drawer on a small while shelf. I saw two work badges from were Cisco and Palo Alto Networks I used to work. The Cisco badge was an actual badge when I worked there in 2007-2008. The Palo Alto Networks badge was inaccurate when I worked there in 2014-2015. The family kept my badges. I couldn't explain why.

A daughter was moving out of the house. She was going to college. I congratulated her and said my goodbyes to her and the family before leaving.

I arrived at one of the company's buildings. The campus and company name was Cisco. I worked at Cisco for the second time. My manager was the engineer I supported at Palo Alto Networks. Most of the employees in my department were Palo Alto Networks.

The work environment theme was Egyptian. The cubicle walls were the lowest I ever saw. The cubicle walls were actually dividers for all workspaces. Everyone could see everyone from body to face.

My first company emails were congratulatory emails. One of the emails was from a co-worker when I worked in commercial real estate. The second email was from a friend who played board games in the Northern California wine country. The emails were unexplainable because my family was the only people who knew my new job. I planned to announce my new job on Facebook at the end of the day.

My first assignment was to map out a motherboard. My manager asked the director to help us get the diagram. The three of us almost got fired because my assigned laptop was unsuccessfully purged. My laptop automatically played Japanese Anime or Japanese cartoons. The sound was loud the entire department startled. No harm was done in the end.

I got lost walking around my floor; in particular, I walked around one hallway passing by the server rooms. The brightest areas were the work areas like sunshine focusing directly at the workstations. The lighting could be described as sunlight instead of florescent light. The hallways were darker for which the light source was along the walls.

Could my dream be my first foreshadow? Could my dream be my first life prediction? I have an above average long term memory which includes remembering some dreams. I never dreamed a moment which comes true in the future. It's like a fiction story where a chapter is a foreshadow for a future moment involving the main characters. I'm clinging to all hope I find my independence soon.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: