Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Sundays When I Was A Child And Sundays Today

My Sundays during my child school years were mellow. Sundays were not fun days. Sundays were not happy days. Sundays were not relaxing days. Sad was a too strong adjective. Disappointed was inaccurate. Failing to live the present was another accurate description. And another description was worry. Mellow, failing to live the present, and worry described my childhood Sundays.

Why? I didn't like Sundays because the next day was Monday. The fun was over. I finished homework. I studied for tests. I went to bed at 9am Sunday night. Tomorrow was back to school. I thought about Monday back at school on Sunday.

Ironically, my childhood was too much fun. The days I spent my fun excluded Sundays. It didn't make sense. Sunday was supposed to be my fun day. Relax. Rest. Reset for the next school week.

Fortunately, I'm living my Sundays correctly as an adult. I don't worry about Mondays. My mind isn't thinking about the upcoming work week. I take a break. I rest my mind from my responsibilities. I take my mind off my priorities. My mind is leisure. Sundays can be my catch up day completing my to-do list. I can make memories on Sundays.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath. There is another day to be your Sunday for people working on Sundays. Everyone needs a Sunday. Live your Sunday worry free. Live your Sunday intelligently; in particular, as a child, have fun by not letting a Monday school day sour the second weekend day. I learned a life lesson.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: