Saturday, October 21, 2017

Top Ten Daily Changes After O'Connor Hospital

I was an impatient in a hospital on Apr 2017 for the first time in my life. I was diagnosed with Acute Gallstone Pancreatitis. I needed two surgeries. The first surgery removed gallstones or Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography (ERCP). The second surgery removed my gallbladder or Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. I stayed in O'Connor Hospital for five days and four nights.

Taking time away from daily routines can be good. Examples of taking time away are a vacation, a sabbatical, a temporary assignment or task, and being an inpatient in a hospital. Sometimes taking time away changes daily routines. There are new routines. There are routines no longer needed. There are existing routines improved. There is a new outlook on routines big and small. New wisdom, stronger, smarter, and growth can happen.

Here are the top ten daily changes after O'Connor Hospital. The daily changes also happened during my recovery period at home.

10. Drink Less Water. Common knowledge says humans should drink eight glasses of water a day. It doesn't apply to my body.

9. Browse Less Online. No more checking Amazon's Deal Of The Day. No more checking Kickstarter.

8. Read Personal Email Daily. I read all email once a day instead of reading all my lower priority emails once a week.

7. New Jobs Search Schedule. I continue job searching two times every weekday. I switch job searching some websites from the afternoon to the evening and vice versa. I started applying for Business Systems Analyst as long as I qualify for 50% of the job requirements. I brought back the Sun morning job search.

6. New Dental Care. Good hygiene prevents health problems. I change my cup once a week instead of once every two weeks when I brush my teeth. I use a Waterpix. I brought back proxabrushes.

I have a heighten importance to practice good dental care when my welcome inpatient basket included mouthwash, toothbrush, and toothpaste. O'Connor Hospital knows dental care is important to prevent spreading bacteria. I brushed my teeth two times a day. I rinsed my mouth with mouthwash when my mouth felt dirty.

5. Spend Extra Money Eating Out. There are times I must eat out. There is no spending limit when I eat at restaurants. Health, energy, and focus are priority when I'm out of the house. I avoid getting sick due to fatigue.

4. I have a new respect for medical personnel which includes doctors, nurses, and technicians. I already have a respect for first responders and engineers.

3. New Podcast Schedule. Podcasts are off when I job search. I listen to podcasts driving, cooking, and cleaning the house.

2. R-E-L-A-X. Take it easy on weekends. Everyone needs a break. I stopped my sense of urgency getting a job. Take it slow. Take small steps. Increment. Add all the little things something big happens.

No more personal projects on weekends. Weekend gym workouts are allowed if I missed a weekday gym day. The Sun job search is brief.

1. Understand Personal Responsibility. The inpatient or outpatient has a responsibility to help medical personnel do their jobs. In other words, help the medical personnel to help me. Make it easier for them to take care of me. Keep them informed any changes. I take care of myself when I can take care of myself. Patient responsibility is an example of personal responsibility.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: