Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Top Ten Favorite Quotes

Everyone knows quotes. These quoted famous people experienced the pain working hard earning their successes. They share their life experiences. We quote how they became successful. We quote their life lessons to help us live better lives. We also quote their life ups and downs, their comedy to make us laugh, and their beliefs. Adapting their quotes into our lives is an example of modeling. We model our lives from famous people. We follow their successes to become successful ourselves.

Steve Jobs is quoted many times for his successes. Some of my favorites are from his 2005 graduation speech at Stanford University. They include the following: (1) You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life. (2) Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish. (3) Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. (4) Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. One more quote on intuition: I began to realize that an intuitive understanding and consciousness was more significant than abstract thinking and intellectual logical analysis . . . intuition is a very powerful thing, more powerful than intellect, in my opinion. That's had a big impact on my work.

Here are the top ten favorite quotes I follow to live my life:

10. Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you; When you think everything's okay and everything's going right; And life has a funny way of helping you out when; You think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up; In your face --Ironic, Alanis Morissette

9. You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. –Winston Churchill

8. You can choose comfort or you can choose courage, but you cannot have both. --Theodore Roosevelt

7a. My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure. --Abraham Lincoln (Similarly in my words: If I'm going to mess up, I mess up my way. I take responsibility. And I learn from my mess up. Stay foolish.)

7b. He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help. --Abraham Lincoln

6. The simplest explanation is probably the correct one. --Occam's Razor

5. Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something. --Plato

4. Obi-Wan: I suggest you try it again, Luke. That time, let go your conscious self . . . and act on instinct.

[Obi-Wan places helmet with blast shield on Luke.]

Luke: With the blast shield down, I can't even see. How am I supposed to fight?

Obi-Wan: Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them.

--Star Wars IV, A New Hope

3. Let it be, let it be; Let it be, let it be; Whisper words of wisdom; Let it be --Let It Be, The Beatles

2. Even today, I dare not say that I have reached a state of achievement . . . for learning is boundless. --Bruce Lee

1. I'm starting with the man in the mirror; I'm asking him to change his ways; And no message could have been any clearer; If you want to make the world a better place; Take a look at yourself, and then make a change --Man In The Mirror, Michael Jackson

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: