Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Change Says No To Raymond Mar

I drove by two elementary schools I attended in my childhood earlier today because I was in the neighborhood completing errands. The first school is Serra Elementary School in Sunnyvale, CA. I attended Serra in kindergarten and first grade. Serra closed at the end of the 1988-1989 school year according to the California Department Of Education. Serra is a Montessori school today. The second school is R.I. Meyerholz Elementary School or Meyerholz in San Jose, CA. I attended Meyerholz in second grade and third grade. Seeing the two schools inspired me to write today's blog. There are two parts. Part I is my thoughts on change. Part II is my life on change.

Part I: There Is A Change Every Second

Nobody lives the same life. Life finds a way to change you. Life finds a way to change your surroundings. Every day you go outside there is a change. Every day indoors something changes even beyond your control; for example, a new refrigerator to replace a broken refrigerator or upgrading windows. Life finds a way to change anything. Life changes everything. You can control some changes. You can't control some changes.

One example of change is a married couple. Life changes the partners in time. I'm single for which I guarantee life changes the partners in time. The couple hopes with good luck and good fortune the change flows favorably the couple changes together they are married their entire lives. I hear stories couples divorce after being married for at least 20 years.

I saw Serra and Meyerholz schools changed. There are more classroom buildings. There are more parking spaces. The playgrounds shrank. The grass fields shrank because more fields are paved with asphalt. The height of the perimeter fences is lowered. However, the original buildings remain with new paint color. I'm guessing the schools were built in the 1950s.

Part II: When's My Next Change?

My first change was on Sat Oct 4, 2008. It was the day I realized I must grow up. I stopped taking life for granted. I became responsible. I must earn my successes. My life changed forever living life as a mature adult.

There is no change number two yet. My second change is freedom. My freedom includes working full time, living at my own residence, and in love with a woman. I work hard daily to earn my freedom. Life is telling me no change today. It's like I submit a request to life I want a change to live in freedom. Life rejects my request. Reapply tomorrow. The rejections are piling up. The losing streak continues.

There have been small changes. These small changes are too small for the big change. Some of the small changes are retiring from anime, reading more fiction books than nonfiction books, new gym workouts, and saying goodbye to people who held me back. Change number two is a big change.

The bottom line is I can't quit. If I stop applying for change number two life, then I guarantee no change. I have no freedom. I earn my second change life approves my request eventually.

Side note: I heard the song "Changes" by the late David Bowie in front of Meyerholz.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: