Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Accutane Day 179


First, a follow up from the Day 158 update. The dermatitis breakout on my hands on Tue June 30 was severe my dermatologist prescribed me an ointment and, for precautionary reason, an antibiotic. The dermatitis is under control and my hands look much better. Cultivate was not powerful enough.

Sun Aug 2 night I experienced my worst eczema. Liquid bubbles came out and the eczema burned when I applied Vanicream on my face. No liquid bubble and no pain from the eczema on my neck. I have no information and no experience what to do with the liquid bubbles and the burn feeling. I call my dermatologist Mon morning for an emergency appointment. I took pictures of my face for reference.

My Mon appointment was at 1:30pm. I explained what happened Sun night and showed pictures from my digital camera. The dermatologist said nothing major to worry. Eczema is a common side effect; however, the eczema was too severe and action must be taken. First, the dermatologist did a test to see if my eczema was infected. He scraped skin off my face to conduct the test. No infection. The dermatologist instructed me to stop taking Accutane for seven days for my face to heal. My face looked better today compared to Sun night. The dermatologist gave me samples of Cordran. I apply Cordran on my face once a day. Cultivate is too strong on my face. I use Cultivate on my neck. I apply Vanicream moisturizer on my face daily.

Second, the dermatologist prescribed me an antibiotic just in case. I got the prescription after my appointment. I must apply sunscreen when I'm doing activities outdoors. He suggested Coppertone Babies Pure & Simple SPF 50. Tonight, I purchase Vanicream moisturizer lotion online. The drug stores don't sell Vanicream.

I included a side pic of the liquid bubbles. Two acne appeared on my back around Thur July 30 and Fri July 31.

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: