Saturday, February 23, 2013

Your Five Senses Craves New Things And First Times

I was in the cities of Palo Alto and Menlo Park last weekend. I wanted to buy Skyfall on BD and DVD combo pack. Safeway had a Club Card special for $18.99. There was a Safeway just off Sand Hill Road. I never shopped at that Safeway before. I choose to shop there for the first time to buy Skyfall. I also choose to shop there because it was a new sight for me.

I believe living a good and healthy life with excitement includes stimulating our five human senses: sight, sound, taste, smell, and feel. We must keep our curiosity active no matter our age. There is always a little child inside us to try and explore, do something new, experience new experiences, seek new adventures, and communicate with new people. There are moments we see a new part of a city, listen to new music, eat new foods, smell a new plant, and hold a pair of ice skates for the first time. These moments are examples of helping us socialize by sharing experiences and telling stories.

Live an active life. Stimulate your senses with something new and doing something for the first time to avoid boredom. Don't take life for granted doing the same thing over and over. Don't settle in and be content. My life motto is, "Get up and do something, anything."

No comments: