Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Top Ten Life Lessons From The Beatles

One of my friend's classmates was born in Russia when he attended San Jose State University. He learned English listening to The Beatles. I replied, "He also learned life lessons." The conversation inspired me to blog the top ten Beatles songs I learned life lessons:

10. Getting Better. Be optimistic. Paul McCartney was quoted, "It's getting better all the time." John Lennon replied, "Can't get no worse!" Lennon also admitted in reference to the song he was physically and verbally abusive to his women. He learned to be peaceful. He stopped being violent.

9. You're Going To Lose That Girl. Treat your girl with respect, appreciation, and kindness. Otherwise, she finds another man. Maybe the other man is a friend. Likewise for women. Women must also treat their man with respect, appreciation, and kindness.

8. Here Comes The Sun. My take on the song is the world didn't come to an end. The sun rises the next day. George Harrison wrote the song with Eric Clapton in April 1969. The month experienced the most hours of sunlight in London after an unseasonably cold February and March. The record was broken in April 1984.

7. Something. George Harrison was quoted in a Rolling Stone magazine on writing love songs, "All love is part of a universal love. When you love a woman, it's the God in her that you see." What is the something you see in a women you want to spend the rest of your life with here.

6. Carry That Weight. I believe Carry That Weight was the only song all four Beatles sang together. Don't carry your entire life on your shoulders. Successful people must have people to assist them.

5. We Can Work It Out. One of the lyrics states, "Life is very short. There's no time for fussing and fighting, my friend." I feel sad hearing relationships break off. I refer to any relationships: friendships, romantic, companionship, professional partnerships, neighbors, etc. Sometimes the break off is natural. Sometimes the break off is not natural—it can be saved. If there are conflicts, then people must find ways to keep it going. Wise up. Get stronger.

4. The Long And Winding Road. The song was The Beatles' 20th and last number one song in the USA on June 1970. McCartney was quoted, "It's rather a sad song." Sad songs can acknowledge a person's sad feelings. My take on the song is life is not a simple short road and straight shot to happiness.

3. I've Got A Feeling. I believe there are some human feelings which can't be explained in words. I also believe humans should trust their feelings. I'm going to follow the feeling. McCartney wrote the song for his late wife Linda Eastman.

2. Get Back The song was performed three times as part of the rooftop performance on top of Apple Studios in Savile Row, London. Police interrupted their performance because of noise complaints from office workers.

My take on the song is if I'm experiencing life problems, go back to my past. Remember my past successes and past failures to help me solve my current problems.

1. Let It Be. McCartney dreamed about his mother. His mother told him, "It will be all right, just let it be." McCartney was blessed to have the dream to inspire him writing "Let It Be."

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: