Sunday, July 10, 2016

1999

Call it nineteen-ninety-nine. Call it one-nine-nine-nine. Call it nineteen-nine-nine. Call it one-triple nine. 1999 is the year 1999. 1999 was a good year. I worked at a good company. The economy was booming. My hobbies were at a high peak. I was happy in my mid 20s.

Was I really happy? I can't change my past. I can change my opinion about my past. The short answer is yes. The long answer is no. I was a person who was at the top of the world. I was a badass. I was a person who knew everything. Obviously, I knew almost nothing. I was a typical 20s person who recently graduated college working full time. I took life for granted. I took the easy route to success. I didn't make new friends. I experienced an overabundance of good luck. Playtime continued. I failed to control my fun. 1999 was ignorance bliss.

I'm a mature and wiser adult today. I'm not the person I was in 1999 today. The 20s people I see today reminded me of my 20s which included 1999. Every time I see 20s people I say to myself: "There's a 1999. It's okay. I hope they learn from their mistakes. I hope they change." I changed. I grew up. I'm the happiest person I am in my life today. I mean it. I'm working hard to be happier.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: