Saturday, July 21, 2018

Life Is Xs and Os

Life is Xs and Os or the letter Xs and circles. Life connects people with others with many Xs. Life comes full circle. Anything people do today affects other people. Anything people do today affects the future one minute later, 12 hours later, one day later, one year later, decades later, etc. We rarely think about our actions at the moment. All little actions affect the future. All big actions affect the future.

For instance, I'm writing today's blog at home. I can be driving running errands. I can be in an accident. I can find an unadvertised sale in a grocery store. I can meet a new friend at the gas station. I can meet an old friend from college. I can watch a baseball game in a ball park. Another person can be in an accident since I'm home. Someone else buys the entire stock of an item on an unadvertised sale in a grocery store. I never meet a new friend at the gas station. I missed a chance to meet an old friend from college. Somebody else purchased my ticket at the ball park. There are moments every second. There are instances every second.

Every breath we take something happens good and bad. We hope favorable timing and good luck brings good fortune. On the other hand, we hope favorable timing and good luck minimizes bad fortune. Everyone has bad days. We hope we live more good days than bad days. Unfortunately, there are people living more bad days than good days. People affects other people's good days. People affects other people's bad days.

Everything we do today life finds a way to come back to us. The answers we find come back to us. Life coming back to us in a circle may seem too simple. The late Steve Jobs said it best, "You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards." Connecting the dots backwards is completing life full circle. Reading books, learning new job skills, exercising four days a week, minimize eating processed foods, avoiding people wasting my time, and sleeping eight hours a night are actions I hope come full circle. When is the full circle complete? I don't know. What are the outcomes? I don't know. Who are the new friends I meet? I don't know. How do I know what I'm doing today makes a difference for me and for other people tomorrow? I don't know. Why am I living my life this way? I don't know.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: