Wednesday, September 25, 2019

He’s More Than Charming Or She’s More Than A Sweetheart

Single people finding love with one expectation is naive. He just needs to be polite. She just needs to keep the bed warm. He just needs to write love letters. She just needs to cook comfort food on a bad day. He just needs to say "bless you" when I sneeze. She just needs to tell me there's a problem with her car. There are success stories accepting the one expectation because of good chance, good timing, and good luck the couple meets. I was a person finding love with one expectation naively; fortunately, I was a senior in high school. My future wife just needs to be a sweetheart.

Times have changed. Decades ago married couples with one expectation each was valid. He's a nice guy. She's a good cook. The expectations are raised today. He must be more than a nice guy. She must be more than a good cook. Human relationships have evolved with more knowledge. We accept more knowledge to increase our chances of finding lasting relationships.

I have high expectations decades later. My high expectations are not impossible. I have deal breakers such as avoids driving freeways, eats too much junk food, smokes, and hates board games. I have must haves such as enjoys outdoor activities, reads books, financial discipline, and good self-esteem. I'm fortunate I tell a story the woman I'm seeking. A story is powerful. A story is better than the common one liners such as beautiful, intelligent, good smile, *insert hobby one*, *insert hobby two*, and no drugs.

There are single men. There are single women. There is a match for a man. There is a match for a woman. There is chemistry. There is compatibility. There is compromise or give and take. It's supposed to be hard finding love because marriages last till death do us part. A marriage is a one-shot opportunity.

Here's My Story

I'm looking for a woman who is still new in life. She's fresh. She's behind in life. I missed many experiences when I was younger. I'm catching up. I want a woman to join me catching up. We seek new adventures. We experience new experiences. Our bucket lists have too many unchecked boxes. For example, I haven't visited a foreign country outside North America. Canada doesn't count as visiting a foreign country. Another example is playing a song from a jukebox. Get up and do something, anything.

No comments: