Sunday, October 27, 2019

Top Ten Favorite Books I Read

Reading books is one of my favorite hobbies. My reading speed and my reading comprehension have been improving since 2018. I can't explain why. I can't explain how. I experienced reading problems when I was a child. I started reading more fiction books in 2008. I learn more about life reading fiction books than nonfiction books. Fiction books give me wisdom. Nonfiction books give me intelligence. I read 75% fiction and 25% nonfiction. There are more books I must read. The Harry Potter universe by J.K. Rowling is not on the list because I'm reading volume three of seven. I anticipate updated top ten favorite books lists soon.

Here are my top ten favorite books I read:

10. Forever… by Judy Blume. All teenagers and all parents must read the young adult classic book The sex scenes and growing up lessons are relevant today.

9. Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. How do people become rich? Kiyosaki answers the question how. The answer is not a college degree, an MBA, or working a six-figure income.

8. How To Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie. Readers adapt 20% of his suggestions increases his or her likelihood to meet more new people and create more circle of friends.

7. The Princess Bride by William Goldman. I read the book first. I watched the movie second. I love them both.

6. The Invention Of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. I purchased a European edition book. The author wrote the story and drew the illustrations. The main character had courage I wished I had when I was a child.

5. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. The illiterate main character stole books during World War II in Nazi Germany. Read World War II from innocent Germans point of view. Comedy, sorrow, and anger are some of the feelings the reader experiences.

4. The Old Man And The Sea by Ernest Hemingway. I loved Hemingway's writing style. Short. To the point. No wasted words.

3. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Atticus Finch is strong. Atticus Finch is a model for a man.

2. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. Gladwell wrote luck and opportunity are the reasons why some people succeed.

Honorable mentions. City Of Thieves by David Benioff, All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, Coraline by Neil Gaiman, Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer, Carpe Jugulum by Terry Pratchett, and The Martian by Andy Weir.

1. Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. Jobs was a genius. Jobs was an artist. Part of Jobs's life influence how I live today for better or for worse.

Side note: I read #9 Rich Dad, Poor Dad, #8 How To Win Friends & Influence People, #6 The Invention Of Hugo Cabret, #4 The Old Man And The Sea, #3 To Kill A Mockingbird, #2 Outliers, and #1 Steve Jobs books twice.

No comments: