Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Relax, Trust Intuition, Stay In Context

There are too many overprotective people. There are too many people worrying too much. There are too many people too anxious. There are too many people too stressed. Most of the stress is unnecessary. More people must relax. We must go back to trust our intuition.

Why overprotective? We may blame too many lawsuits on even small mistakes. We may blame overpopulation or overcrowding. We may blame people refusing additional personal responsibility. We may blame political correctness on people misinterpretations. Communications are taking out of context. In particular, I have a better understanding why more parents are overprotecting their children. Overprotecting their children is easier parenting in today's complex information age. It was acceptable children visit neighbors' homes for cookies and milk on the fly decades ago. We may blame the media overhyping crimes such as random kidnappings and missing children.

I dreamed I was superintendent of a public school. I was elected because the district wanted someone with an out of the box thinking. The district wanted a superintendent without an education background. A parent called me out being gender discriminate during a public school board meeting. I responded with a general statement to the entire room. I said stop interpreting my communications out of context. I'm not racist. There is no bigotry. I don't discriminate. I'm tough. I'm fair. I treat everyone equally. I'm open. I'm a good listener. Anyone being the political correctness police get a life. I reset the timer for the parent to restart her speech to the board.

Finally, I interviewed for an undefined length data analyst contract with a networking company in Campbell, CA. There was a phone interviewed. I passed. There was a person-to-person interview with a co-worker and the hiring manager. I passed. The hiring manager gave me an Excel test. I passed. The contractor agency conducted reference checks. I was the only candidate. Days passed. I saw the same position at the company's website. The company choose to hire the contractor internally. A too conservative higher-up manager must override the hiring manager's decision to hire me. The job candidate must have all the requirements for which I didn't have. A waste of time. A waste of effort.

No comments: