Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Dad Earned More Respect Years Ago

There was an article I read years ago about the sit-com series All In The Family which broadcasted from 1971 to 1979. The four main characters are Archie Bunker starring Carroll O'Connor, wife Edith Bunker starring Jean Stapleton, daughter Gloria Stapleton played by Sally Struthers, and son in-law Michael Stivic played by Rob Reiner. The article said nice and ignorant Edith was wiser than people think because she handled her narrow-minded, outspoken, and prejudiced husband Archie.

I recognize my dad handles my mom the best. My parents are not the smartest people. My parents are not the dumbest people. Mom is an opposite for which she makes a big deal out of little things and she makes a little deal out of big things. Mom is a hoarder. She gets angry when life doesn't go her way taking out her anger on other people. She complains and criticize too many times. Most plans must be done her way. Dad is quiet, a bad communicator, and rarely expresses his emotions. I start observing how dad handles mom for which I model his actions. Dad is like Edith. Mom is like Archie. Today dad earns more respect from me.

Update On A Past Blog

Tomorrow is Thur Nov 28 Thanksgiving Day. I have another thank you to add from Top Ten Thank Yous I wrote on Nov 22, 2014. I want to thank Aliencat who ended our two years and eight months relationship bittersweetly. I have been learning who I am thereafter. There have been frustrations, failures, and mistakes. There have been victories, successes, and lessons learned. I believe she broke up with me to release me. I learn new job skills such as Python and Power BI. I review SQL and VBA. I redesigned my web page Innovate Infinitely. Strength, desire, honesty, and discretion are more important than knowledge and many friends. I minimize eating processed foods and watching television. I retire watching anime and playing video games. I workout at the gym four days a week. I self-teach life skills including making paper airplanes, communicating in Morse Code, tying knots, and improving typing accuracy. If my relationship with Aliencat continues, then none of the above happens. My goal achieving freedom continues.

No comments: