Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Video Games Are A Depression

I have additional free time due to the COVID-19 global pandemic. I choose to use more of my additional free time coming out of video game retirement to play classic video games for the first time on Jun 2020. I purchased video games on sale during the Steam's annual Summer Sale. The first video game I completed was Final Fantasy VI. I'm currently playing Final Fantasy VII (FFVII).

I played FFVII once a week staring on Jan 2021. The Jul month is the sixth month. I want to finish the game. I'm taking too long. I started playing multiple days. I started playing more hours per day. The result is fewer hours slept. My sleep schedule is altered. I feel depressed. My body feels weaker. I drink more soda. There is less time on my higher priorities such as reading books, taking care of myself, job training, and exercising. These higher priorities minimize my chances of depression.

Playing video games is a valid leisure activity. Playing video games is a good activity to take a break. Video games can be a social activity meeting new people. There is no right way and wrong way to play video games as a hobby. There is the good way and there is a bad way. Many people play video games the bad way. These video gamers neglect real life. They forget their personal problems. Their health is weak physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and spiritually. Playing video games at least 20 hours a week is not worth it. There is too much cost for the enjoyment.

A Challenge

I challenge the video gamers who disagree with my opinion. Stop playing video games for two weeks. Use the two weeks to check off the to-do list. Seek new adventures. Experience new experiences. Go outside. Get up and do something, anything. I speak from personal experiences. Get more sleep. Eat healthier. Minimize eating processed foods. Find your desire. Motivation is more important than knowledge. Learn a skill. Review an existing skill.

If the two weeks are successful, then repeat the challenge for an additional two weeks. The point of the challenge is challengers realize more time living life and less time playing video games.

No comments: