Sunday, July 18, 2021

I Can't Win The Freedom Championship

A reality lesson schools and colleges don't teach. Some people don't succeed. Some people can't win. These people practice perfectly. These people practice intelligently. These people work hard learning, making mistakes, and gaining experience. Insert any positive adverb. Working, focusing, motivating, a supporting cast, and trusting life don't equate to accomplish goals. There are no guarantees in life. People don't get everything. A good example is earning a college degree. Ignore the college marketing. A college degree doesn't guarantee he or she gets a job.

I declare today's blog a non-bullshit blog. I admit I'm complaining emotionally. I can't get a job. I can't win my freedom. I job search six days a week. Friends and family know I'm unemployed. I learn new skills such as Python and Power BI and I review existing skills such as Excel and SQL six days a week. I physically workout four a week. I minimize eating processed foods. I read books. I write blogs. I sleep eight hours a night. I maintain a clean residence. Bad luck? Sure. Bad timing or being at the wrong place at the wrong time? Definitely. Favorable breaks? None. Opportunities? They pass me; moreover, too few for the too many needy. I digress. Have I been falling between the cracks? Yes.

I have won all battles except freedom. It's like hall of fame professional sports players don't win the NBA Finals, Super Bowl, World Series, or Stanley Cup. Dan Marino, Patrick Ewing, Joe Thornton, and Ken Griffey, Jr. are examples of hall of fame players who never won a championship. Some battles I won include a full recovery from two consecutive surgeries for Acute Gallstone Pancreatitis, personal conflicts with other people spanning decades, and solving problems self job-training.

It's like I can win lots of regular season games. It's like I can win playoff games. I can win anything except the championship--a freedom cup.

No comments: