Saturday, July 17, 2021

An Ignorant Workplace Misunderstanding Instance

I dreamed last night I worked at my second company which was in the commercial real estate industry after I graduated college. The managing general partner requested charts for his upcoming project. The ladies from the Administration Dept. accepted the request. The ladies came to me with questions. We conversed on the charts. The ladies created the charts from scratch and extracted the data by brute force. I told them my Research Dept. should have accepted the request because the dept. was the data source. My dept. was experienced creating custom charts.

The conclusion was real estate brokers didn't know what to ask for their clients and their projects. Also, the real estate brokers didn't know how to ask. The managing general partner should have contact someone in the Research Dept. It took time for the requestee and the requestor to communicate and to understand. Ignorance and impatience lead to misunderstandings. Time was wasted.

Never Used The Report

Another instance time was wasted the requestee never used the charts, reports, data, summaries, or analysis. One possibility was the requestee didn't comprehend the information provided. The information was too hard to understand. Another possibility was the requestor prepared the information with errors. The information couldn't be presented or couldn't be used for a presentation. Data is useless when either the source is unreliable or the recipient don't understand. Garbage in, garbage out. Prepare reports for the audience to understand in plain English.

Update On A Past Blog

I reread Harry Potter by J.K Rowling. I update Top Ten Plus Nine Equals Top Nineteen Harry Potter Adult Perspective Takeaways blog written on Apr 29, 2020. I mentioned Volume Five Order Of The Phoenix is my favorite volume in number 13 All Hell Breaks Loose. Volume Seven Deathly Hallows is my new favorite volume because Harry Potter took charge. It took Potter six years to grow up. My Harry Potter volume ranking is seven Deathly Hallows, five Order Of The Phoenix, six Half-Blood Prince, four Goblet Of Fire, three Prisoner Of Azkaban, one Sorcerer's Stone, and two Chamber Of Secrets.

No comments: