Friday, November 03, 2023

Top Ten Plus Ten Equals Top Twenty All-Time Favorite Movies

There are 32 movies in my all-time favorite list from my About Me at my personal webpage Innovate Infinitely. I reduced the list to 20. It's time to rank my all-time favorites because I wrote The Shawshank Redemption is my new number one movie on the Update On A Past Blog on Apr 12, 2022 I've Been Doing Everything Correct Mostly replacing Good Will Hunting.

Here are my top ten plus ten equals top twenty all-time favorite movies.

20. Wall Street. A favorite for investors and salespeople. Michael Douglas won Best Actor for portraying Gordon Gekko. "The most valuable commodity I know of is information," said Gekko.

19. Office Space. The cult classic is a must watch for all white collar workers. Aged well.

18. Clerks. The cult classic is a must watch for all retail workers. Aged well.

Side story: I worked at Blockbuster Video in college. The store manager kept Clerks in the new releases section years after the movie was released on VHS.

17. Hot Fuzz. A comedy, action, mystery, and plot twist combined. I laughed for a long time during the beginning.

16. UP! An underrated Disney and Pixar movie. The people who say UP! is an all-time favorite other people gives them shocked looks. The movie needs more love.

15. Parasite (2019). The rock is just a rock at the end of any day. The first foreign language movie to win Best Picture at the 2020 Oscars.

14. A Few Good Men. I watched the movie for the first time in May 2017. Beforehand, I watched the famous Jack Nicholson "You can't handle the truth" scene every time I see A Few Good Men. I understand the quote. Tom Cruise is a good actor.

13. Stand By Me. Four kids with too much time in their hands took a weekend trip to find a dead body. I realized Stand By Me was my first coming of age movie as an adult. I wished I had their life wisdom when I was a child because they were wiser than my childhood.

12. Aliens. My personal four star science fiction movie. A 100 out of 100.

11. Toy Story. The only movie I watched in the theater nobody stopped laughing. A movie experience is positively strengthen when audience members react with everyone else.

10. Black Hawk Down. The movie producers did a good job adapting the book. I read the book. If the producers followed the book, then the movie was too complicated. Too much flow interruption. Too much politics. Too many characters to remember.

9. Titanic. The only movie I watched three times in movie theaters. I watched the movie twice in 1997. The third time was IMAX 3D on Apr 2012.

8. E.T. The Extra Terrestrial. A family classic for all ages. Watch the original version.

7. Casablanca. Schedule a night with your significant other to watch the romantic drama with the most quoted movie lines in history. I'm sad to say I watched the movie once.

6. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. The movie should have won Best Picture instead of Annie Hall.

5. Saving Private Ryan. My personal all-time favorite war movie. The movie should have won Best Picture instead of Shakespeare In Love.

4. The Dark Knight. The movie was all Heath Ledger. A 100 out of 100. If I name my favorite evil character, Heath Ledger's Joker comes to my mind first.

3. The Godfather. I include The Godfather and The Godfather: Part II. Organized crime, drugs, power, greed, revenge, and the past. The Godfather Part II takes the upper hand because we see Vito Corleone in his early years.

2. Good Will Hunting. I watched the movie for the first time in Feb 2014. I believe if I watched the movie between 1997-2000, I could have experienced my grow up moment then instead of Sat Oct 4, 2008. "It's not your fault," said Sean Maguire.

The 12 remaining movies for honorable mention: 12 Angry Men, A League Of Their Own, All The President's Men, Ben Hur, Breaking Away, Fast Times At Ridgemont High, La La Land, Little Miss Sunshine, Mary Poppins, The Lion King, The Princess Bride, and The Sound Of Music.

1. The Shawshank Redemption. A friend in college watched The Shawshank Redemption in the theater. He told me the movie was boring. I watched the movie 9,108 days later from the date of release Oct 14, 1994 on Sep 21, 2019. No spoilers. There is a reason the movie is number one in iMDB's Top Rated 250 Movies.

No comments: