Tuesday, April 12, 2022

I've Been Doing Everything Correct Mostly

"Rehabilitated? It's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your forms, sonny, and stop wasting my time, because, to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit." --Ellis Boyd Redding, The Shawshank Redemption

The movie The Shawshank Redemption was released on Oct 14, 1994. The movie is currently number 1 on IMDb's Top Rated Movies list at 9.2 out of 10. I watched the movie for the first time 9,108 days later on Sep 21, 2019. I continue watching random scenes and favorite scenes today.

The quote is about telling the truth without caring about what others think. The quote made me think about my life as a child and as a young adult. I've been doing everything correct mostly. I should have faith about my actions, behavior, and thoughts. I should have ignored many of the bad advice and bad teachings given to me. Nobody told me I have been walking the correct paths. I have stronger confidence I'm earning my successes correctly. I tell myself everything has been well. I tell myself I'm correct.

People said I'm wrong doing it my way when I'm actually correct. These people feared me. These people told me bullshit because they created a false image to protect themselves from me. These people didn't want me to succeed.

I'm not perfect. I made mistakes in school. I made mistakes learning new skills. I'm human. I correct the mistakes. My past life paths were full of merit. If I make mistakes, then I make them my way. I take responsibility for my mistakes by correcting them.

Update On A Past Blog

I wrote past blogs detailing I was correct. One blog was written on Jun 9, 2016 titled Top Ten I Was Correct When I Was Young. I'm happy to say all ten are correct today such as be gritty, daydream, and be clean and organize. Another blog was I Did It Right on Nov 14, 2013. I told myself I've been doing it right despite the victories and defeats throughout my life controlled and not controlled. I gave myself Top Ten Advice I Reference In My Life on Feb 26, 2017. One minor correction is number eight My Daily Rules Of Life. Rule number 7 "Have faith. Believe in yourself." is removed because I don't need to believe in myself. What is believe? I have to do it anyways.

The Shawshank Redemption is my new number one movie on Top Ten Movies I Watched Late I wrote on Mar 1, 2014. An updated list is planned.

No comments: