Saturday, April 30, 2022

I Thought About The Late Night Team Fortress 2 Games Last Night

A random thought appeared in my head before I went to bed last night. I thought about the video game Team Fortress 2 (TF2). The game could be purchased in The Orange Box released in 2007 from Valve. The Orange Box contained five video games TF2, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, and Portal. Many video gamers considered The Orange Box the best deal in video game history because gamers purchased five video games for the price of one.

TF2 was the first video game I played online against other players. The game was popular for years. Gamers continue playing the free-to-play version today. I played TF2 three nights a week during the initial months. I played on Monday nights which I called it Monday Night TF2 or MNTF2 referencing the NFL's Monday Night Football. I also played on Friday nights and Saturday nights. There were weeks I played all night on a work night. I played too many hours. My work performance was unproductive the next day.

My deeper thought is I didn't get sick when I played all night on a work night. I can't explain it. Maybe my younger body tolerated the minimal hours of sleep when the sun rose. My physical workouts were inconsistent since I spent more leisure time on the computer. I don't remember eating too much processed foods. I was lucky. If I play a video game all night on a work night, then I'm likely going to experience sickness. I'm glad I don't play video games regularly anymore. There are more important priorities.

No comments: