I remember a book titled The Story About Ping by Majorie Flack and illustrated by Kurt Wiese in first grade. One student read the book during the reading period. A student passed the book to another student at the beginning of the reading period. The teacher didn't log her students who read the book at least once. It seemed my classmates ignored me when passing the book to another classmate. I read the book once during the entire school year. A classmate named Lindsey passed me the book. I was happy because she recognized my presence.
I read the book for the second time today as an adult. My life world awareness was immature and undeveloped being six years old. Ping was not an English word defined as a short sound. Ping was a Chinese name. The story took place in China. Perhaps, my Chinese nationality caused students passing the book to other students. I could relate to the yellow duck being ignored in a positive way during some social situations. Also, luck favored me and saved me in bad moments.
The end of the story my lesson takeaway. Accept the small inconveniences because they can be better than potential big inconveniences.

No comments:
Post a Comment