The garbage collector is a metaphor. A good or service yesterday was useful. A good or service today is useless. It's garbage. Toss the garbage out. The garbage is the old. Clear the garbage. Make space for the new. Bring the replacements. Many people underestimate the power of goodbye. Everything and everyone become garbage eventually; for example, professional computer programmers say "all code is garbage" because new code is written. There are exceptions.
Here are the top ten plus six equals top sixteen the garbage collector picks up.
16. Brita Water Pitcher. I'm allergic to the retail grocery store water filtration products. I was sick in May-Jun 2014. I stopped drinking water from Brita. Instant recovery.
15. Former Family Dentist. The family changed dentists in 2019. The previous dentist was part of the family between 1998 and 2018. The practice went downhill for years. Prices increased. Outdated technology.
14. My Second Boss Was Fired. My second boss at my second company in the commercial real estate industry was fired. Management gave her advance notice to find another job. The termination reason was incompetence. I continue to remember the lesson: have nothing, do nothing, get nothing, be nothing, and people treat you like nothing. Never be a nobody.
13. Unfollow Twitter Accounts. Self explanatory. People change. I change for which I lose interest. They change their tweets for which I lose interest.
12. Old Technology. Self explanatory. Never stop learning new technology. Use the latest and greatest to be relevant. Use the latest and greatest to be productive.
11. My Bookshelf. My bookshelf is full of books. I purge my own library. The least desirable books are donated or placed inside free neighborhood libraries. Some books may be desirable today. Give it time. Some books may not be needed tomorrow. Free shelf space. Less clutter.
10. eBay Auctions. My junk is another person's treasure. Some examples of my auctions include board games, DVDs, anime, and toys.
9. Clothes. No more polo shirts. No more plain white t-shirts. Dress appropriately for the occasion.
8. Items blocking the walkways are removed.
7. Friends. People come and go in our lives. It's natural partings. It's life. In particular, say goodbye to the people dragging you down. Don't let people hold you back. If you can't find good friends, then take a chance going alone. Mismatches. There are opportunities to meet new people. There is time to find matching friends.
6. Incorrect Gym Workouts. It took me 10 years from 1998 to 2008 to find out my gym workouts were wrong. A friend told me about bodybuilding.com. I threw away bad workout plans. I follow good workout plans.
5. People don't pay their debts. People who don't respect themselves. Tenants not paying rent are stealing. These people are examples of garbage.
4. Role Playing Games (RPG). Many of my past friends and current RPGs disagree with number four. Playing RPGs was a waste of my time. RPGs was a poor escape from life. RPGs was a poor leisure activity. It should not have been a match for my hobbies. I continue catching up what I missed today.
3. Family Guy. I donated all my Family Guy DVDs. My intelligence improved afterwards. I can't explain it.
2. Liquids. No drinking eight glasses of water a day. No drinking milk. No drinking green tea. No drinking processed orange juice when I'm sick.
I'm in the minority regarding the health benefits of green tea. Drinking green tea daily negatively affects my body. I stopped drinking eight glasses of water after my two surgeries at O'Connor Hospital in Mar 2017. I drink water when I'm thirsty. I'm the healthiest I've ever been.
1. Junk Food Or Processed Food. No eating processed food in moderation. I minimize eating processed foods. No candy for breakfast. Fast food restaurants are included in the processed foods. The only day I eat processed foods all day is Super Bowl Sunday.
Update On A Past Blog
My Washington Canada 2008 vacation from Nov 15, 2008 to Nov 20, 2008 summed up a human nature lesson. Every human is the same. We want to be with people. We work. We attend school. We spend our leisure with our favorite hobbies. We want to be happy. I want to add every human wants to succeed. Click link to read my Washington Canada 2008: Epilogue written on Jan 27, 2009.
No comments:
Post a Comment