Friday, September 25, 2026

Planet Earth Still Orbiting Around The Sun

The world didn't come to an end. --Linus, A Boy Name Charlie Brown

The world is not going to end. --Any normal person

This world won't stand long, the captive hollered in conclusion to his tale. God won't let it stand this way long. --Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier, page 191. The story took place during the US Civil War.

There are people who believe anything bad ends. The anything bad does end in many situations. I get to the point of today's blog. There are people who believe the world ends. The belief is expressed for years. The belief is expressed for decades. The belief is expressed for centuries. You're still here. I'm still here. The world perseveres. Losers are the people who say everything ends. The lazy. The weak. The irresponsible. The poor self-esteem. The life is over people. People with no self-respect.

I used to be one of the losers. I hated myself back then. I'm lucky the loser chapter closed decades ago. The world is not going to end.

Artificial Intelligence (AI)

There are people saying human existence ends in 2036. AI takes over the world. Time will tell.

Update On A Past Blog

I add two more lessons or reasons to the Life Lessons Learned Playing Mahjong Riichi blog written on Mar 18, 2016. An international college student Riichi player from Japan told me if professional Riichi players placed fourth two times in a row, then they stop playing for the rest of the day. It's a timeout lasting the rest of the day. Take a break. Stop the frustration. End the bad flow. Occupy the mind with something else.

I admit it took me years to realize another reason they stopped playing for the rest of the day. The second reason is processing the two fourth place finishes. Think about the mistakes. Learn from the mistakes. Contemplate what went wrong.

Discipline is required to stop playing for the rest of the day. It's easy to continue playing with the false motivation and fake optimism to place first on the next game. I admit I continued playing in the past. No more playing foolishly with the frustrating losses.

No comments: