Friday, January 05, 2007

Good Idea, My Friend

Want to win friends and meet new people? Make the other person feel important. One way is when someone suggested an idea for a place to eat, an activity, a book, a store and you also had the idea, say, "Good idea, my friend." Avoid saying, "I, too, thought that too."

Saying "Good idea, my friend" makes the other person feel important. It makes the other person feel the idea is his or her and is the only person with the good idea. Everyone wants to feel important. By making the other person feel important and recognizing their importance, the person is going to make you their friend.

I guarantee saying "Good idea, my friend" is less than 100% success. Even if the success rate is 50% or 5%, making new friends is 100% genuine. People come and go in our lives. Friends come and go in our lives, too. Always meet new people in every situation. Nobody has too many friends.

No comments: