Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Shermans

On Friday May 18. 2007, my neighbors the Shermans moved to Virginia to be close to their family. The Shermans lived in my neighborhood since the late 80s. They have seen me grown up and were part of my childhood years. The husband is a retired airline pilot and the wife is a homemaker. The Shermans have three children living in the Eastern U.S.A.

During their retirement years, they lived on their own. The husband knows automobiles, astronomy, and investing. The wife gardens, cooks, and read books. Every morning, they read the newspaper. They are devoted parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents visiting their families during the major holidays.

My favorite attribute of the Shermans is they never stop learning. They are in there late 80s and they continue to read and to learn. Some retirees want to relax and do nothing. Not the Shermans. The husband learned how to use computers especially Excel, Word, and the internet. The wife read books to keep her mind sharp and learn new ideas.

Our last dinner together with my family and the Shermans was on Mother Day. My mom invited the Shermans because they were lonley. The Shermans didn't need to fly to Eastern U.S.A. since they move a week later. The Shermans are going to be missed in the neighborhood. Best of luck. And thank you for being great neighbors XD

No comments: