Friday, June 01, 2007

Summer Of 2001 In 2007

Summer 2001 was one of the most fun summers in my life. I visited Reno and San Diego, learned how to play craps, and played lots of role playing games and board games. Summer 2003 and Summer 2005 were also fun summers. I mention Summer 2001 in particular because I did no work outside my company. I read no books related to my job. I didn’t worry about work. Work was at work. My outside work was to relax and have fun.

Recently, I realized I forgot who I am and how I have fun. I have been working at Cisco for 11 weeks. Time flies fast. 2007 is the fastest year ever in my life. It seems everywhere I go and everyone I know we are moving faster than the speed of sound. I focused way too much on Cisco to make a good impression.

Starting today after work, I’m going on a Summer Sabbatical 2007. I neglected almost all my activities and my needs outside work including gym, my Blog, and my webpage. I’m going to take it easy, relax, be patient, slow down, and have some fun. For starters, I’m watching anime during my lunch hour just like I did in 2005. My goal is to reset myself, be energized, and learn more about me and how to live my life.

If I’m required at work to learn something new and I need to do it outside work immediately, then I do it. I can’t slack off too much *hee, hee* Crystal Reports and SQL are delayed. I continue learning in September. I did learn Acrobat 6.0 Professional last month XD

I think everyone must take a Summer Sabbatical. The world needs to slow down.

No comments: