Sunday, June 24, 2007

Finding My Art Of Happiness

One of my personal struggles today is to find the art of happiness. What is the art of happiness? What is my art of happiness? Everyone has their own way of being happy.

I have no problems being happy when I see my favorite sports team win a game, watching Barry Bonds hit a home run, hearing about good news from my family and friends, and the good guys defeating the bad guys. My problem is being happy for me. I can't even act happy. When I'm supposed to be happy, I'm mellow. Am I being modest? I'm uncertain. Am I holding back my happiness because it's too good to be true? Who knows? Is it O.K. to be selfish once in a while?

Maybe it's my lack of confidence to express my happiness? Maybe I fear I express my happiness the wrong way? Is there a right way and wrong way to be happy? Maybe it's my childhood such that I had few happy moments? Maybe it's all of the above?

Since 2004, there were many moments I was happy; unfortunately, I never expressed my happiness the way I really want to or what people expected a happy person to be. The moments included cosplaying for the first time, the Washington Canada trip, Oregon trip, visiting Santa Cruz on a day off, my new job, getting a laptop, two Las Vegas trips, and getting my yearly bonus. I was happy. My concern was I could have been misunderstood being sad or being unsatisfied when someone saw my physiological state.

Successful people master the art of happiness. I know if I want to be successful, then I must master the art of happiness. Happiness is more than smiling and laughing. It's being cheerful inside the heart and soul, having the ability to project your aurora of happiness to others--and the aurora influences others to be happy with you and for you. I ask myself legitimate questions above. One day, I answer the questions and find my art of happiness and express my happy feelings with confidence and sincerity :)

No comments: