Thursday, August 09, 2007

One Lunch Day In 2000

In the year 2000, my last company, Colliers International, moved to a new office building outside Downtown San Jose. I walked from the office to downtown to purchase a sandwich at Togo’s, a sandwich restaurant like Subway. I ate Togo’s sandwiches two times a week and on days I work out at the gym.

I remembered a homeless person on the corner during one summer day. The person held a sign saying all hope is loss. I walked on the other side from Togo’s because I didn’t want the homeless person to look at my sandwich. Regretfully, when I arrived back at work, I should have purchased two sandwiches—one for myself and one for the homeless person. I messed up.

The instance above is an example of using money as a tool for good. There are situations, events, and circumstances where one can use money to benefit a group of people, help a person in need, create action to start something positive, and show appreciation for someone who helped you. We all want to have lots of money. There are instances where money is best used spent to give you and others a smile.

No comments: