Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A Bad March

My last Blog post I was sick and dedicated at least eight hours a night to sleep. My sickness got worse with a sore throat last Wednesday. I visited the doctor on Thursday. The doctor examined me and found no physical problems. He said I was never sick. I had allergies. Allergies? The doctor gave me a sample of Claritin and a sample of Naselnx (sp?) allergy nose spray.

On Friday, I took Claritin. No improvement. Friday evening I felt worse. I thought I could have a sinus infection. The last time I got a sinus infection was in July 2000. I went to Walgreens and purchased Tylenol Cold and Allergy medicine. On Saturday, I purchased Tylenol Cold and Allergy medicine night time to take in the evening and before I sleep.

I have good news. The Tylenol is working. Today, I feel better. I cough less and my runny nose and stuffy nose are minimal. I plan to continue taking Tylenol today and tomorrow. On Thursday, if I feel really good, then I stop taking Tylenol.

I tell everyone my March was bad. It’s true I’m recovering and I was never sick. Good news there. On the other hand, the bad news is I experienced four weeks of suffering a sickness I was never sick. I failed to see with my mind. I saw with my eyes my Dad was sick, people I knew were sick, and news reports stated 2008 was a bad flu season. I never got Respiratory Syncytial Virus or RSV. I failed to ask myself “Do I have any other sickness?” And I failed to see a doctor two weeks into my sickness.

I could say March was a not so bad month because I was never sick and I’m recovering now. I’m kidding myself. March was a bad month because I failed to take appropriate action to battle my sickness. Furthermore, by labeling March a bad month I learn a lesson the next time I’m sick, I visit a doctor if I’m sick more than seven days and I think of all sickness I got in the past and take action to recover my next sickness.

*Side Note: After visiting the doctor last Thursday, I cleaned up my entire room including dusting every wall edge and behind the desk, washed my blankets, and removed dust on the ceiling fan. When I vacuumed the dust behind my desk, there was a clock. The clock was my late grandparents. I forgot about the clock. What I think happened was the clock fell down after an earthquake in October 2007. After I placed the clock on the wall, I wrote a message on the bulletin board where I post my favorite comics which said “Clock there? *arrow points toward the clock to the left of the bulletin board*”

I’m looking forward to April to catch up on reading, going back to the gym, working at full capability, and enjoying life before the bad March month ^__^

No comments: