Thursday, March 04, 2010

De Anza Week Mar 1, 2010

Mon Mar 1, 2010

I woke up at 10:30am. I had trouble going to sleep last night. I went to the gas station first. There was a van behind me. The mom locked her keys inside. I assisted and was no help. The daughter who was strapped on the toddler seat crawled out, grabbed the keys, and gave to her mom through the partially opened driver side window. Wow!

12:20pm was the time I arrived on campus. Last weekend was great because I skipped gym, caught up on schoolwork, and did different activities I have never done in a long time such as watched movies and played TF2 (Team Fortress 2). I felt refreshed. I'm looking forward to go back to the gym later in the week as I continue recovering being sick with allergies.

The Acct class took quiz #5. I studied for the quiz briefly on Sat and completely on Sun. I scored an 80%. Not too bad. I misread one question. The third mid-term is Mon Mar 9. Time is flying fast. I start on my portion for my group project tonight.

I ate lunch before Payroll class instead of after Acct class. We got our Payroll mid-term grades. I got an A. The mid-term was straightforward. I forgot to finish my homework; fortunately, the instructor check homework next Mon.

Tue Mar 2, 2010

The atmosphere's was the best in a long time. The instructor got her voice back. Some students felt better from last week's allergy attack. I was better, too. I still have runny nose on occasion. Hopefully next week I'm 100% and sing longer periods without needing to take a breath.

After warm-ups, we sang two songs without books. I was barley able to sing because I didn't know the entire lyrics. I need to listen to the songs to memorize just in case we sing without books for the next class meeting.

One of my classmates shared a story about his lawsuit. The case didn't make it to court because the plaintiff declared bankruptcy. Another classmate and I conversed with him and talked about investments going bust and the court system. He felt he got bad counsel.

The second half of the class was individual singing. Students signed up to sing and the instructor critiqued their performance. One student really wanted feedback. She passed a small clipboard asking students to write their feedback. Good idea.

Wed Mar 3, 2010

I turned in my Peachtree homework before Accounting. I stopped going to the computer lab. I need the time from the computer lab to do other activities.

My acct instructor finished Chapter 16. We have the third mid-term on Monday. I study this weekend. I already have my two A's since the instructor drops the lowest mid-term grade. I need to study for the final. I might as well study for the third mid-term.

The dance class was productive for me. We reviewed the West Coast Swing briefly and then we spent most of the time on the Waltz. The final ten minutes we learned the Salsa. I learned tips for my posture and balance for the Waltz. More importantly, I was taught the correct way to lean and lead the girl on counts 1 and 2 for the West Coast Swing. The mistake was big and the correction was great. I spend time practicing after the Acct mid-term.

I Continue To Find Myself Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: