Friday, May 21, 2010

De Anza Week May 17, 2010

Mon May 17, 2010

I spent the entire afternoon reading the latest chapter and doing the homework for Acct 66. The material is hard. I didn't finish the homework because I needed to eat dinner and attend dance class. It's hard to focus when you eat a crappy lunch—especially eating lunch at 6pm.

The turnout was great. We had enough students for five rows of dance partners on stage. The problem continues some students can't form a dancing row. We improved the Nite Club Two Step and learned more patterns for the East Coast Swing. We had a good class!

My observations were plenty. There were some older females who had trouble dancing. They got dizzy and had to step aside. I stand by my belief on dancing. Anyone can dance. It can be hard to some. If you're out of shape, you're going to have trouble. You can learn. It's just it's going to be hard.

Another observation was about ten students were frustrated learning the East Coast Swing. They went to the sidelines observing the rest of the awesome student dancing and trying to learn. Some of them went home early. The couples who didn't rotate partners also went home early. Rotating partners helps students learn. There was one couple who stayed throughout the class was arguing and fighting.

Finally, for the second night in a row, the air conditioning was off. We opened the side doors to get air circulation. I was sweating.

I talked to a couple of students after class about their jobs. One of them told me everyone at work are in survival mode. They want to keep their jobs. They hunker down in the cubicles and work to keep their jobs.

Tue May 18, 2010

I eat oatmeal for breakfast on days I have a mid-term. I have a mid-term for Bus 18 today. The mid-term went well. There was no lecture after the mid-term. The extra time I went to the library to finish homework for Acct 66.

Acct 66 was boring. The teacher knows the material. He couldn't teach. We reviewed homework most of class time. The quizzes are take home homework assignments. The class chose mid-term #2 on Tue May 25 instead of Thur. I made adjustments on how I prepare for the second mid-term.

I have a quiz for Acct 1C on Thur. Tomorrow I cram the chapter and do the homework problems.

Thur May 20, 2010

Yesterday I crammed and completed all the homework for Acct 1C quiz. Wednesday must have been one of the most boring days in my life. I read and studied. Then I took a break in between including eating lunch and taking a nap. Yup, I took a nap. I lost my concentration and became sleepy. My guess why I took a nap was I ate boring leftovers for lunch. The entire week my family and I ate boring meals. Why were the meals boring? It's a long story. I completed all the homework later in the evening.

I think I mentioned the following regarding college actually learning real life events, moments, situations in a past blog entry. The lesson was rushing, last minute, and cramming. This morning I forgot to complete the extra credit assignment. I ate a bowl of cereal only. I didn't eat fruit, bread, and nuts. I shaved a fast as I could. Then I started the extra credit at 11:30am and finished at 12:10pm. I arrived to my class at 12:40pm, ten minutes late. Prepare to experience rushing, last minute, and cramming in real life.

I was hungry in Acct 1C I ate a Snickers candy bar. I got a stomach ache. It's either eating a Snickers candy bar in an empty stomach or last night's boring dinner. Also, my two Hostess apple pies were smashed inside my bag. I threw them away. The class took the quiz. I got a 9 out of 10. Not too bad.

I went to the express store to purchase saltine crackers to settle my stomach ache. The crackers helped. I ate some before Bus 18. I found out I got a 92% on the second mid-term. We started Chap 9 and Chap 10. Chap 9 was an introduction to contracts. Chapter 10 was agreements. Generally speaking, price quotes are not an offer. There is no obligation to sell at the quoted price. There are exceptions. We also learned of a case involving a Hooters waitress who was promised a Toyota for selling the most beer. She got a toy Yoda. See pic below. Here's an update to the case: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002/05/09/toy-yoda.htm


Readers, insert your jokes here.

Finally, the instructor showed her iPad. She protected her iPad putting inside three bags: her carrying bag, small backpack, and the pouch that came with her iPad. She shared a small story about her past. She had a difficult childhood. She worked her way through college and law school. She even dropped out of college twice.

Acct 66 was better than Tue. The main reason was everyone wanted to know what's on the second mid-term. We reviewed the material for ten minutes. Gee, ten minutes for five chapters. I made adjustments how I prepare for the second mid-term after seeing how the instructor writes his tests. He finished the class lecturing the next chapter. I followed his lectures from the textbook. Most of the material is self explanatory.

I'm A Good Guy Growing Up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: