Friday, May 14, 2010

De Anza Week May 10, 2010

Mon May 10, 2010

Smaller class turnout tonight. The instructor focused on key points for the Nite Club Two Step. I was corrected. I realized I stepped on my heals instead of my toes. I keep an eye on my toes next class meeting.

The instructor started teaching East Coast Swing. No Tango. Some of the students were bored with East Coast a few went home early. One student I danced was bored I lead with some East Coast Swing moves. I messed up one move. East Coast Swing is a hard dance. There was another student I danced her legs were sore. I know I'm not dancing 100% correctly.

I talked to my sister about students having difficulty learning even basics. She told me some students might have taken the class for PE credit hoping it's an easy class. It's not easy. Very few students return for another quarter.

The instructor announced there is no intermediate dance class for Fall '10 quarter because of budget cuts. She was unhappy. I'm concerned because I plan to sign up for intermediate next quarter. Moreover, if I have a Monday and Wednesday night class starting at 6pm, I can't take a dance class.

Tue May 11, 2010

I had morning errands before classes. First, my ortho appointment to check on my retainer. My next appointment is in November. Second, I visited my family dentist to request emailing my x-rays to my ortho. Third, I went to Rite-Aid.

I earned another A for quiz #4 for Acct 1C. I fulfilled the required four out of six quizzes. The instructor drops the two lowest scores. In Bus 18, we started the next chapter which is crime. And in Acct 66, we finished Chapter 9 and started Chapter 10. Today's classes were the usual lectures.

Thur May 13, 2010

All my classes are behind. All my classes delayed the second mid-terms. The instructor delayed the Acct 1C mid-term #2 from Thur May 20 to Tue May 25. The instructor briefly discussed the Excel project. One of the students told the teacher she doesn't know Excel. Unacceptable. She's a business major and doesn't know Excel. She must learn it.

The following are the rules how I live my life daily. These are my daily life rules:

1. Don't criticize, condemn, and complain, and don't compare with others.
2. Don't act like a jerk or bitch.
3. Always speak calmly and be calm.
4. Don't daydream when driving.
5. Keep your head up high . . . look at the cute face when talking.

I thought of rule #6 in my daily life rules during Acct 1C lecture. Rule #6 is "Breath with your nose and stand up straight." I have been getting chapped lips. It can be the dry air and/or breathing with my mouth caused by wearing my retainer. I have been doing a good job improving my posture. I focus on my back straight and shoulder blades back. Rule #6 is a physical rule. Here are the new daily life rules:

1. Don't criticize, condemn, and complain, and don't compare with others.
2. Don't act like a jerk or bitch.
3. Always speak calmly and be calm.
4. Don't daydream when driving.
5. Keep your head up high . . . look at the cute face when talking.
6. Breath with your nose and stand up straight.

"With all due respect, I do not consent." The class in Bus 18 learned how to deal with police when we're stopped for a possible traffic violation. First, never admit what traffic violation you might have committed. If the officer asks why you're pulled, tell the officer you don't know and ask him for clarification. Second, be cool. Don't anger the officer. The instructor said "Sugar is better than vinegar." If the officer asks to search your vehicle, you don't have to give consent. You may say, "With all due respect, I do not consent." There are some situations where the officer can search your vehicle without your consent. However, if the officer asks, you don't have to consent.

The instructor shared a personal story. She committed a traffic violation. Her son was in the back seat and wore a baseball cap backwards like a gangster. The instructor told her son to give the best smile ever in his life and wear the baseball cap properly.

Today was the first time ever I wore shorts to lecture classes. The exception is gym classes. I never wore shorts when I attended San Jose State. That's weird. One student complained she was cold in Acct 66. It was not cold. The weather was mild and we got a great breeze. The student closed the front door in anger.

The first day of class we had 65 students. Today, we have 48 students. The first day in Acct 66 was packed. I reminded myself towards the end of the class to stop holding back. Let it all out. I'm doing good. No more all rights.

I'm A Good Guy Growing Up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: