Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Friend Is A Friend

In my youth days, there were family, friends, and acquaintances. Friends were branched out to best friends, close friends, friends with benefits, and pen pals. There were no such things as gym friends, sports friends, phone friends, and Fri night book club friends. Maybe there were such things. I never believed in segregating friends into categories such has hobbies, events, or monthly moments.

Today, I believe in a friend is a friend. If you're not a friend, then you're an acquaintance. I don't believe in MySpace friends, Facebook friends, and online friends in general. I don't believe in anime con friends, dance friends, hiking friends, to name a few of my hobbies. We must earn each other's friendship. It takes time to develop friendship.

Everyone has different definitions of friends. My definition of friends is simple: you're a friend or you're not a friend; however, I believe in the following long-time categories: close friends, best friends, and friends with benefits. If you're not a friend, then you're an acquaintance. In time, acquaintances can be friends.

Friendships come and go. When a friend leaves, another person awaits to be friends. Continue meeting new people and make new friends.

I'm A Good Guy Growing Up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: