Sunday, July 25, 2010

Good Or Bad It’s All Up To You

There is a common saying your attitude, your actions, your thinking, your behavior, and your responsibilities determine your way of living. You have a choice to live with a positive outlook or with a negative pessimism. A positive outlook is someone who takes responsibility for their actions and thinks, “There is always tomorrow.” A negative pessimism person complains and blames others.

I have attended anime conventions since 1997. I have experienced good cons and bad cons. Most con attendees judge a good anime con or a bad anime con by how the con is ran. Did all the main events start on time? How good was the exhibition hall? Were there plenty of anime to watch and how good was the variety? Did the staff do a good job? Obviously there are some factors out of their control such as the quality of masquerade skits and hall cosplayers.

My anime cons have been consistently good since 2008. The reason isn’t how the staff ran the con. They have done a good job. The reason is me. It’s what I do at the cons that determine whether I have a good con or a bad con. If an event started on time, then great. If an event started late, then it started late. (By the way, it’s common for events to start late.) I do my best to experience a good con. I wear costumes, hang out with my friends, meet new people, shop at the exhibit hall, play board games, take pictures, dance, attend concerts, and do anything to stay busy. I keep myself occupied with something to do.

The experience attending anime cons applies to everything in life. It’s what you do that determines whether you have a good time or a bad time. The attitude applies to weddings, vacations, offsite meetings, college semesters and quarters, visiting a museum, concerts, anywhere you go and anything you do. The next time you go outside, do whatever it takes for a good time.

The Personal Side Of MeFinding Raymond Mar

No comments: