Sunday, April 24, 2011

De Anza Week Apr 18, 2011

Mon Apr 18

I officially dropped Advanced Accounting. I felt relieved. I have more free time. I submitted my application last quarter for an Accounting AA degree. Advanced Accounting was unnecessary. One may think more students take Advanced Accounting to take the CPA exam. The class was small. I wonder if students who took more accounting classes lost interest in earning a CPA. Time will tell if I made the correct choice.

The professor finished Chapter 2 lecture. I write lecture notes on the textbook just like his Intermediate Accounting class lectures. The number of students has been decreasing. This week is the last week to drop classes with no record of withdrawal.

Tue Apr 19

I was busy having fun last weekend I’m behind in Auditing homework. I wanted to finish my Chapter 2 reading on Sunday night. I was too tired. I wanted to finish my reading on Monday night. I was too tired. I finished the reading after Quickbooks. I emailed the pre-lecture homework that was due on Sun Apr 17. I started on the homework due Friday April 22 I finish tomorrow morning.

I arrived at Mission College running a few minutes late. A student gave me her day parking pass. Thank you! She walked away as I was about to give her $2.

Tonight’s class started with instructor evaluation surveys. This was the first time I completed a survey in a junior college and first time in the middle of a semester. I gave my instructor an above average review. There are no surveys at De Anza. That’s terrible. The rest of the class we finished Chapter 5. No homework is due next week.

Wed Apr 20

I completed the Chapter 2 homework before I drove to De Anza. I need to leave the house earlier because I allowed myself 25 minutes of drive time and walk time. I still arrived late.

A representative from Becker, a subsidiary of Kaplan, spoke to the class about CPA preparation courses. He talked about the CPA exams and how Becker helps students pass the CPA exams. I submitted a form to receive more information. I didn’t win the $10 Starbucks card raffle.

The professor spoke to the class about the CPA and shared a few of his experiences after the Becker presentation. Then he told the class he extended the due dates for all Chapter 3 homework. Finally, he gave us an introduction to the Chapter 3. Next week’s lectures are all Chapter 3. He said that chapter is difficult.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: