Thursday, April 07, 2011

De Anza Week Apr 4, 2011

Mon Apr 4

I enrolled in two classes for Spring ’11 quarter which are Auditing and Advanced Accounting. Auditing is the hardest accounting class De Anza offers in the Accounting Department. Advanced Accounting is easier than Intermediate Accounting.

I arrived at De Anza around 11:40am. I parked at Flint Center parking garage. I was lucky to find a space on the third floor. I found a seat outside the campus center to read Hogfather by Terry Pratchett. I wanted to finish the book at the end of the week. A DJ started to play music that forced me to find another spot near the math and science buildings. I read Hogfather before Auditing and between Auditing and Advanced Accounting.

Auditing was held in the same room I took Payroll Taxes. I hated that room. We received information before 12:30pm classes began Auditing switched rooms with another class. Auditing’s new classroom is where I took Intermediate Accounting. Excellent! I recognized faces from my past accounting classes taking Auditing. The professor is the same professor who taught Intermediate Accounting. I got my same seat from Intermediate Accounting classes.

I went to the campus center to eat lunch. This week was the only time I stay on campus all day because of the first week rush and parking concerns. I went to the library to read Hogfather.

Advanced Accounting is in the same room I took Accounting 1A, 1B, and 1C. That is still my favorite classroom. I got my same seat. The professor taught at University of California-Santa Cruz and works for the city of Santa Cruz. His initial major was bio-chemistry. I liked his powerpoint slides that included a comic between lectures. We have a ten minute break at the half way point I really liked. The class is a night class and the break is good to keep us awake.

Tue Apr 5

I scored a 42 out of 50 for the Quickbooks mid-term. That was not too bad considering I didn’t study. I also submitted the take home mid-term. Tonight’s lecture was typical. I followed the instructor lecture on my laptop and I finished the homework assignment.

I went to a coffee shop inside campus to buy a Snickers candy bar because I ate a light lunch. I paid $1.25 for the candy bar. Damn.

Wed Apr 6

I had a bad morning. I had a stomach ache and I threw up. Another sickness. Timing is everything. It was better to have a stomach flu on the first week of classes instead of the last week of classes.

I skipped breakfast and went to school. I purchased saltine crackers and Tums. I ate some crackers and took two Tums before Auditing. It helped little. I was lightheaded, nauseous, I coughed because I didn’t drink water and I’m still recovering from my sinus infection, and my stomach felt uneasy. I choose to drive home after Auditing, take a nap, and then choose whether to attend Advanced Accounting.

I choose to skip Advanced Accounting. I email a classmate to check if I missed anything. It appeared I have the stomach flu. Almost all of my sicknesses are either a sinus infection or the stomach flu.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: