Thursday, April 14, 2011

Me Versus My Stomach Flu

I have been recovering from my sinus infection. I got a minor stomach flu last week. I was fortunate I missed one class and it took place during the first week of classes. I want to document what happened and how I recovered like I documented my sinus infection.

Wed Apr 6. I woke up with a stomach ache very early in the morning. I ignored it and went back to sleep. My stomach ache woke me up two hours later. I went to the bathroom with diarrhea. I threw up minutes later in the toilet. I felt lightheaded and weak. I skipped breakfast and went to school.

I purchased saltine crackers and Tums at the De Anza convenience store. It was the first time I took Tums. Saltine crackers definitely helped me avoid throwing up again and Tums probably helped me survive Auditing class. Regardless, I felt lightheaded and fatigued. I coughed a few times because I didn’t drink water as I continued recovering from my sinus infection.

I went home and skipped Advanced Accounting. I slept the entire afternoon. I ate a light dinner consisting of rice, a piece of chicken, and two pieces of cauliflower and drank a small class of 7-UP. I made jello afterwards.

Thur Apr 7. I woke up in the middle of the night because I was hungry. That was a good sign. I ate jello and crackers. I went back to sleep. My health was good as long as I slept. All of my dreams were my body recovering. My dreams were I was awake and I consciously felt my body recovering as I lied down in bed. It was like my body putting together pieces of a puzzle to find the best way to recover, and there was more than one way.

I drank water in sips. There was a pot next to my bed in case I threw up again. My meals were jello, plain toast, saltine crackers, and drinking ginger ale.

Fri Apr 8. My breakfast and lunch were jello, plain toast, and saltine crackers. I ate a small dinner consisting of steak, rice, and zucchini. My stomach felt good. There were no aches and sensitivity. My hunger felt like normal hunger.

Sat Apr 9-Sun Apr 10. I ate lunch and dinner in small portions. For instance, I went out for lunch on Sat Apr 9. I ate half of the lunch in the restaurant and finished at home. My meals at home were smaller than normal. I continued to drink more water gradually. I ate bread and cereal for breakfast. I skipped eating nuts and fruit.

Currently. I believe last week’s stomach ache was a minor stomach flu. It was not an upset stomach. I can’t think of a definite cause. The food I ate days before were home cooked except for the roast pork my mom purchased on Sunday. My mom heated up the roast pork well. Having said that, my guess is the roast pork.

I feel better now and I eat three meals a day. My sinus infection continues to improve as well. The key is drinking water.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: