Monday, December 12, 2011

I Have No Title For This Confused Blog

The economy sucks. The economy is slow. The economy is bad. The economy is recovering slowly. The economy is still in a recession. No matter how people describe the economy, times are tough. This blog confuses me, and may confuse the reader. I do my best to write for the reader to understand.

There is no shortage of beggars on the roads, in front of retail stores, and at the exits of shopping parking lots regardless of holiday season or a typical spring day. Some of the beggars are families. Focusing on the families, my question is how did these families become beggars and panhandlers? I don’t understand. Do you think about future financial income when you prepare to start a family? It’s expensive to raise a family, especially in Northern California.

The immediate moment a child is born, the parent’s life as single people with freedom going out and having fun are over. Babies and children need consistent contact from parents. Nurture, kindness, love, human physical contact, guidance, and care are round the clock. It’s hard. I’m not a parent. I know it’s hard and requires dedication and discipline. Forget concert tickets, smart phones, sports cars, and cosmetic make-up. Babies need diapers and baby food. Children need clothes and school supplies.

There is a possibility an uncontrollable and unfortunate event happened to a family that caused great financial burden that lead to begging. It is sad bad luck happened. I acknowledge nobody can predict tragedy. I believe families should prepare for it. I believe a family shouldn’t live paycheck to paycheck. I acknowledge and recognize some do because of events leading to living paycheck to paycheck. I’m confident these families never wanted to live paycheck to paycheck. Times are rough today.

Side note 1: I choose to post the blog as-is. There is no editing for grammar and content.

Side note 2: Bill Gates’ rule #1 in real life: Life is not fair - get used to it.

Side note 3: To the customer at Safeway who failed to steal a case of Diet Coke, nice try. The cashier who scanned the case from the bottom of your cart followed by you saying, “That’s not mine.” Don’t lie. You put the case at the bottom. You were prepared to say your denial if you were caught.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: